I bet you have. And it’s ok. Don’t beat yourself up about it.
Instead, prepare yourself to make some new decisions because spring is coming – the time is NOW. There is nothing better than spring with it’s longer, sunnier, warmer days to get you in the mood for sticking up to all those fit and healthy new habits. Or just to give you an energy boost to follow thru with your decisions instead of warming up under the blanket and turning into a couch potato.
So, come on, let’s make a plan.
- Write down one thing that you want to achieve – take piece of paper and write your goal in the middle, with big, bold letters
- Then write down your ‘why’s‘. If your goal is to lose weight, write down the reasons to do it. Something like – ‘to look better’, ‘to feel better; to wear that pink dress you bought last summer, or maybe to lower your blood sugar. Write as many reasons you can think off around that bold goal in the middle.
- Next, we need ‘how’s‘. How do you plan on achieving your plan? Do you plan on going to the gym, running, doing some yoga, balance your diet? Whatever it is, write it down. Use different colored marker so you can easily spot your ‘how’s‘ on the paper.
- Put it on your calendar. If you plan to go to the gym, put it on your calendar. If you plan to change your diet, you need to do some grocery shopping, some meal planning, some cooking, right? Well, put it on your calendar.
- Do some research. If you plan on changing your diet, finding some new, healthy recipes is the right way to go. Or maybe just start by reading labels on the food you consume. Research, find, print it out or write them down. Be proactive.
- Find motivation. Create mood board. It could be a photo of you in your target weight. Or a photo of an outfit you plan to wear. Put it near your fridge.
- Stick to it. Stick to your calendar plan. Stick to your schedule. If you’re having problems with it, start from no. 1.
Same steps can be taken whatever your resolution is. Maybe you’d like to spend more time with your family, more time offline or more time traveling…
Step 1 is quite simple. You just need to take it.